Royal College of General PractitionersCase Study
The RCGP web site was outdated, owned by too many stakeholders, lacked immediacy, was visually cumbersome and unappealing. As a communications vehicle the incumbent web site was failing. As a shop front for the College the web site did not achieve what was needed. SmithsGore are a rural land management company with 48 branches, recently acquired by Savills. SmithsGore engaged DNA to improve their information management processes and approach. Each of the 48 offices needed to input information and images about each and every property and have that information catalogued, stored and immediately usable.
The College felt that in order to establish itself as a true “e-college” – the primary online source of industry knowledge, good practice and professional resources for its GPs, they needed to deliver a Digital Presence that reflected the highest standards of usability, relevant and impressive content, and innovative services.
What we did:
DNA engagement with the College consists of four phases:
- An exercise to focus on overall Management Strategy and creation of a digital strategy
- Engagement with a wide cross section of Staff, GPs and External Stakeholders to define business requirements for a “next generation” digital presence that supported this strategy
- Delivery of user experience, brand refresh and site design
- Design, Development and implementation of the technical solution
The business vision resulting from the strategic exercise was:
- Overall vision (next 2 years: RCGP should become the one stop e-portal for GPs in the UK)
- Stretch vision (next 5 years: RCGP should be the one stop e-portal for GPs and patients in UK)
- Stretch vision (next 10 years: RCGP should be the one stop e-portal for GPs and patients Worldwide
The objectives resulting from the digital strategy for the online solution were:
For trainees a key learning environment and one stop assessment portal;
For all GPs a CPD, e-learning and revalidation portal;
For all members the natural portal onto which to log on every day for essential updates, advice from a network of fellow professionals (peer to peer and experts and access to other sites, such as social networking sites – a one stop point of access;
GPs window into their professional and perhaps private world (Connect to Facebook/Linkedin/Twitter accounts, news feeds, sports updates.
keep in the loop
Being the first to know always feels great, subscribe and get notified about our news.